Thank you for making our third contest such a roaring success!
This contest was to make an illustration of a Top Cow character using a photo from my books or CD-ROMs. The response was phenomenal, and so was the prize.
The prize is “The Art of Top Cow” 320-page hardcover book!
Our panel of esteemed judges included:
- Filip Sablik – Publisher, Top Cow – And the sponsor of this contest! Go buy some Top Cow books today. (Seriously, I’m not kidding. They supported us, we should support them.)
- Jerry Ordway – Artist guy of every major and minor character in the DCU. Check out DC Universe Presents: The Challengers #8 for Jerry’s upcoming work.
- Steve Blackwell – Former art director (and everything else) of Wizard, and current co-founder of Champion magazine
- Rus Wooton– Former Wizard Online designer and co-founder of Wizard School – Currently lettering comics like Walking Dead. Check out Rus’ lettering class at Denver Entertainment Art & Design Academy
- Darick Robertson – Artist – Co-creator of The Boys, Transmetropolitan. Look for “HAPPY!” with Grant Morrison coming in September from IMAGE. For more, check out Darick’s Ebay store
Congratulations to the winner of the Top Cow Contest: Phillip Burnette!
According to Phillip: “”I picked Witchblade because she’s the Top Cow character I’ve followed the longest. Well, that and she’s fun to draw. I wish I’d had more time to work in some more characters (I would have loved to have thrown in the Darkness, too), but I had to work this into my morning routine before work. Ah well!”
Congratulations, Phillip. You are the winner of “The Art of Top Cow” 320-page hardcover book.
And here is a complete gallery of submissions. Thank you to everyone who participated.
Again, congratulations to Phillip and thank you to everyone who participated.
For site updates from Comic Book School and Buddy Scalera, join our email list: